To commemorate the birth day of Mahatma Gandhi, the Wildlife week is celebrated in the country since 1954 from 2nd October for one week. From 2004, 4th October is celebrated as Elephant Day separately. The function was observed with participation of villagers, school students, EDC members & staff. Padayatra, Distributaion of broucher, Mass meeting & different competetions are organized during the week. Apart from the competition the outstanding workers in the field of Wildlife are awarded in the function. The list of people felicitated by the Sanctuary in different years are furnished below-
- Sri.Suresh Ch. Tripathy, President Abhayaranya Surakhya Parisad Dampara.
- Sri. Prafulla Ku. Mohapatra, Forest Guard.
- Sri. Pranab Ku. Mohanty, Forest Range officer.
- Sri. Dasarathi Jena, Elephant Tracker.
- Sri. Bansidhar Behera, Elephant Tracker.
- Sri. Prahallad Swain, Mason of Giringaput.
- Sri. Chitrasen Bala, Mason of Baanra.
- Sri. Santosh Ku. Mishra, Forester.
- Sri. Pravat Ku. Dash, Watcher.
- Sri. Bichitra Nanda Nayak, Watcher.
- Sri. Trilochan Srichandan, Driver.
- Sri. Surender Ku. Behera, Ex- Forest Guard.
- Sri. Kaminikanta Patnaik, Forester.